Tasks are the smallest units of a project in Monograph. Think of it as a cell in a living organism. Ideally, each task indicates an activity that must be done. For a project to be considered complete, each of the tasks within the project must be complete.
🎓 Looking for an overview of all of your tasks? Click here to learn about the Tasks Overview page.
Monograph allows you to add as many tasks as you want to a project. These tasks can then be assigned to a phase and tagged to a milestone. To add a task to a project, you may follow these easy steps.
1. Click on the project that you want to add task to from the list of projects in Project dashboard. See Understanding You Project Dashboard for more information on Projects.
2. Click on Tasks from the menu available in Phases dashboard. See How to link Project Phases for more information on Phases.
3. Select a phase from the list of phases on your left sidebar then click New Task.
4. In the Create Task box that will appear in the center of your screen, fill the available fields with required details as described below.
Title: Name of the Task
Task Description: A brief overview of the task, this is an optional field
Phase: The phase to which the task will be assigned to
Milestone: The milestone to which the task is tagged to
Date Due: The date by which the task must be completed
Assignees: Team members who should be executing the task, this is an optional field
5. Click on the Create Task button to finalize creating a task or press Cancel to cancel adding a new task.
🚨 If you extend a Phase's end date or move a Phase into the future, any associated Tasks' due dates will adjust based on the Phases' new end date.
Please note that this will only affect Tasks with future due dates. If there is a Task with a due date in the past, it will not be adjusted and will need to be manually edited if necessary.
To edit a Task, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Tasks tab within the Project
This will show you all tasks that have been added to the Project. To see the tasks for a specific Phase only, click on the Phase. You can also see the tasks associated to a specific Milestone by clicking on a Milestone.
2. Click on the Task that you'd like to edit
The task will open in a new window. Here, you can change the due date, add assignees, and adjust the Phase and Milestone. Click on edit in the upper right-hand corner to edit the title or description. Click Save once you've finished updating.