When creating or editing permission levels, it's important to understand how enabling or disabling different permissions will affect visibility and access. Use the chart below to better understand each of the various permissions control.
The name of the permission level that can be assigned to team members. If needed, change the name of the permission level by clicking on "Edit".
By default, a user can view, edit and submit their own timesheet, and view and export all of their historical timesheets.
View all timesheets
- View and export any employee’s timesheet
Edit all timesheets
- Edit any employee’s timesheet
By default, a user can view all of their assigned projects, including archived projects and project templates. They can also create, edit, update and delete milestones and tasks for assigned projects.
Edit assigned projects
- Edit any assigned project (including archived projects and project templates)
- View project-level reports on financials, time logged, and expenses for assigned projects
Delete assigned projects
- Delete any assigned project (including archived projects and project templates)
View the Money Gantt on assigned projects
- View the Money Gantt for assigned projects on any Gantt chart
View all projects
- View any project (including archived projects and project templates)
Edit all projects
- Edit any project (including archived projects and project templates)
- View project-level reports on financials, logged time, and expenses for all projects
- Allocate hours for projects in Resource
- Create new projects
*Requires "Edit all projects" to be enabled
- Delete any project (including archived projects and project templates
View the Money Gant on all projects
- View the Money Gantt for any project on any Gantt chart
There is no default access to Invoices. Only users with the following permissions enabled will have access to invoices within the Invoices page or the Invoices tab within a project.
- View invoices for any project
- Send Invoice and Payment Link
- Print or download a PDF of an invoice
- Export a CSV file for importing into QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, or Xero
- Edit invoices for any project
*Requires "View invoices" to be enabled
- Create or duplicate invoices for any project
*Requires "Edit invoices" to be enabled
- Delete invoices for any project
By default, team members with "Admin" permissions are the only individuals with the ability to view and manage client information in the Client Directory. Only users with the following permissions enabled will have access to view and/or manage the Client Directory.
View all clients
- View the Client Directory and individual Client Profiles
Manage clients (create, edit, delete)
- Add, edit, deactivate, and delete Client Profiles
By default, team members with "Admin" permissions are the only individuals with the ability to view reports. Only users with the following permission enabled will have access to view reports. Note: Users who'd like to see reports under Projects will still require the permission "Edit projects" enabled, or be assigned to the project itself.
- View reports on the Reports page
By default, a user can view and edit their own profile (but not permissions), view the team directory and their colleagues' profiles, and access the “Workload (Projects)” and “Workload (People)” pages. Only users with the following permissions enabled will have access to invite and manage employees or manage compensation.
Manage team members (create, invite, edit, delete)
- Invite, deactivate, reactivate, and delete employees
- Edit all employee profiles
- Assign default roles to employees
Manage compensation (create, edit, delete)
- View all employee compensation in employee profiles (including their own)
- Create, edit, and delete employee compensation (including their own)
There is no default access to the organization's account settings. Only users with the following permissions enabled will have access to Settings.
- Access and update the organization’s Settings
The following actions can only be accessed by Admin-level users (users with all permissions enabled).
ALL Permissions enabled
- Manage permissions: create, edit and delete permissions
- Assign permissions to employees
- Manage the organization's Monograph billing subscription (view invoices and update credit card information)
- View the Reports page
- View the Teamwork Distribution chart on the dashboard