In Monograph, you can change the status of a project or individual phase to reflect the stage where it may be at any current point during its lifespan. Changing the status of a project will adjust the way it is viewed from the Dashboard. While changing both project and phase statuses will impact what actions may be taken with each. For example, changing the status of a phase will make that phase unavailable to log time towards effective the following work week. To adjust the status of projects and phases, check out the steps below.
Changing a project status
1. Click Projects from the main menu, followed by selecting the specific project you would like to change a status for.
2. From the Overview screen, click "Active" on the upper-right corner. This is the status button and will update with the current status of your project. All newly created projects will default to the "Active" status.
3. Select the status you would like to place the current project under and then click "Update".
The available statuses of a project are:
This status will allow the project to only be viewed by users with Admin level permissions. In this status, time cannot be entered or logged into a project. Under Projects > Overview this project will appear with a dotted outline on the Gantt chart.
This is the default status applied to any new project created, this will allow you to work with the project as needed and will be available to view in the dashboard.
This status will keep all current details on hold and freeze the project. When a project is in this status you will not be able to enter time or expenses. Under Projects > Overview this project will appear with a hatched shading on the Gantt chart. When you are ready to change the project back to 'Active' all the dates will update automatically to when work is resumed.
This status will remove the project from the main Dashboard view. It will remain visible from the Projects > Overview screen completely shaded in gray on the Gantt chart. In this status time and expense tracking are disabled.
This status will remove the project from the main Dashboard view. It will remain visible from the Projects > Overview screen on the Gantt chart. In this status time and expense tracking are disabled.
💡 Statuses for projects are interchangeable and may be updated at any point during the project lifespan. For more detail on archiving or deleting a project see How to archive/delete a project?
Changing an individual phase status
1. Click Projects from the main menu, followed by selecting the specific project you would like to change a phase status for.
2. From the Project-Specific Overview screen, click on your phase of choice, such as Schematic Design
3. Now you will see specific details for this individual phase, from this screen you may click on "Active" on the upper-right corner to change the status of this individual phase.
4. Much like changing a project status, you can select from Active, Paused, Canceled, or Completed. Changing the status of a phase mid-way throughout its duration will also update the way the Gantt Chart is displayed for the remainder of the phase. Note that individual phases cannot be set to a "Proposed" status.